The goal of functional testing is to make sure that your application – website, app, database, or program – works, or functions.
How many websites have you visited that do not work properly? Or how often have you encountered websites that work on one browser, but do not work properly on others? Have you filled out a form and received a notification to find the “Information provided is not valid,” but you are sure that you did everything correctly. And then there is the famous glitch that occurs on some websites if your name is Mr. Null, Ms. Test, or Mrs. Sample, and the website will not accept the name because it assumes it is not real.
These indicate situations in which there are many variables to test on your website or app. However, previous testing did not identify the issues to be fixed.
We have a flexible, client-focused approach and can work with you in many different capacities:
- No full-time testing team in place and need additional support for a project
- Require additional capacity for your existing testing team
- Require expertise with test plan, requirements documentation or compliance matter to reduce business impact for nonconformance
- Require round of manual regression testing for new features or work for Agile Sprint
- Require expertise identifying the areas of greatest risk using session-based Exploratory Testing
We provide support in several ways.
We offer highly qualified software testers.
We conduct manual and automated functional testing, within your framework.
The goal of regression testing is to make sure that modifications to your software do not break existing features (i.e., regress).
Why should an update cause an existing feature to stop working? Well, that happens all the time due to code complexity and other factors. (See an XKCD cartoon.) We keep track of test cases for consideration when regression testing. This means our testers learn from previous experiences, which results in higher quality, faster results for you.