Why Accessibility Testing is so Important
Iterators is a certified Trusted Tester (TT) by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and provides a code inspection-based test approach for determining software and website conformance to the Section 508 and WCAG standards. See what the City of Boston said about our testing for the boston.gov website on Accessibility.
Companies have their websites tested to ensure they are useable by individuals who have disabilities, such as low vision, no vision, color blindness, hearing loss or impairment, motor or developmental disabilities, elder status and light-induced epilepsy. Iterators has all the knowledge and tools to perform the testing and reduce a business impact due to a nonconformance.
Benefits of Trusted Testers
- Promotes a common understanding of Sec 508 and WCAG standards,
- Unifies the test process
- Unifies the set of test tools
- Unifies test results reporting
- Test results can be shared for common applications (e.g., Shared Services, COTS, etc.)
- Supports IT governance by integrating Section 508 into the development and acquisition lifecycle
- Promotes the successful adoption of the changes required to integrate the TTP within an agency
- Improves ability for developers to reproduce test results which expedites remediation of nonconformance.