Accessibility Testing is Important
Iterators passed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program for Accessibility testing and is a Truster Tester (TT). TT provides a code-inspection based test approach for determining software and website conformance to the Section 508 standards.
Accessibility testing is a subset of usability testing. Clients can have their website and mobile applications tested to ensure they're useable by people who have disabilities, such as visual impairment, color blindness, hearing loss, elder status and other developmental disabilities.
Accessibility Testing helps companies determine if their website and mobile applications are accessible by the 20% of individuals with some form of disability. Iterators can start with an assessment and help you plan your next steps.
Benefits of Trusted Testers
- Promotes a common understanding of the 508 standards.
- Unifies the test process.
- Unifies the set of test tools.
- Unifies test results reporting.
- Test results can be shared for common applications (i.e. Shared Services, COTS, etc.)
- Supports IT governance by integrating Section 508 into the development and acquisition lifecycle.
- Promotes the successful adoption of the changes required to integrate the TTP within an agency.
- Improves ability for developers to reproduce test results which expedites remediation of nonconformance.