Why Accessibility Testing is so Important
Iterators LLC is a Trusted Tester (TT) certified by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and ensures that websites and mobile apps are accessible to individuals with disabilities. It provides a code inspection-based test approach for determining software and website conformance to the Section 508 and WCAG standards. See what the City of Boston said about our accessibility testing for the boston.gov website on Accessibility.
Benefits of Trusted Testers
- Promotes a common understanding of Sec 508 and WCAG standards
- Unifies the test process
- Unifies the set of test tools
- Unifies test results reporting
- Test results can be shared for common applications (e.g., Shared Services, COTS, etc.)
- Supports IT governance by integrating Section 508 into the development and acquisition lifecycle
- Promotes the successful adoption of the changes required to integrate WCAG features within an agency
- Improves ability for developers to reproduce test results which expedites remediation of nonconformance.