Accessibility Testing is Important for Every Business Because a Non-Accessible Website Causes Considerable Business Impact
Iterators is a Trusted Tester (TT) Section 508 under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program for Accessibility testing. TT provides a code-inspection based test approach for determining software and website conformance to the Section 508 standards.
Companies have their websites tested to ensure they are useable by people who have disabilities, such as low vision, no vision, color blindness, hearing loss, elder status and other developmental disabilities. Iterators has all the knowledge and tools to perform the testing and ensure you do not have a negative business impact due to a non-compliant website.
Benefits of Trusted Testers
- Promotes a common understanding of the 508 standards.
- Unifies the test process.
- Unifies the set of test tools.
- Unifies test results reporting.
- Test results can be shared for common applications (i.e. Shared Services, COTS, etc.)
- Supports IT governance by integrating Section 508 into the development and acquisition lifecycle.
- Promotes the successful adoption of the changes required to integrate the TTP within an agency.
- Improves ability for developers to reproduce test results which expedites remediation of nonconformance.